Re: A matter of perspective

  • calwen76
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2009
      You know, sometimes it seems to me that Helge Fauskanger, David Salo and their justlikers live in another world that has kind of different rules. It is most unfortunate that their world interlaps in a way with the world that we - if I may call us so - 'clearminded' live in. The trouble is how easily 'innocent' souls get fooled and tangled into their _unlimited_ behavior... I am glad there are still reasonable people out there.

      Happy New Year to all of you, Galrim!
      Lucy

      --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "Philipp" <varavilindo@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Did you notice how Helge ignored (in his reply) my Loglan-argument? Quenya (for example) has a lexical basis in Tolkiens works. That base is copyrighted. That's the reason why the Loglan group had to create their own vocabulary. And if you take that whole lexical basis and post it on your website (this is what Helge did with the Quenya Lexicon; commented or not- it doesn't matter) without asking the copyright holder (the Tolkien Estate) - I am pretty sure (!) - you are indeed commiting a copyright infringement in my point of view. Just look at "A copyright Case to watch" (elfling-d 680 and 706) which is in my opinion a nice comparable example. Though there is a difference: Helge is offering his Quenya-lexicon for free. This doesn't change the fact that copyright is possibly violated.
      >
      > I am of course NOT interested in "suing" anybody. No one talks about taking legal action, and Helge's threats against me, even demanding my full name, are absurd.
      >
      > I want to rephrase one sentence in my original post (elfling-d: 715):
      >
      > "The Tolkien-Estate is the holder of the copyright, and Helge can be very happy that they never attempted to attack him for the copyright infringements he [would have possibly commited if he would have published the _Átaremma_ - first - without permission of the Tolkien Estate (the copyright holder); I think he still has probably commited a copyright infringement by presenting the entire Quenya Corpus on his website]."
      >
      > In my opinion even Saruman is way more smarter than Salo and Helge combined. The best thing one can do about them is to just ignore them.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Philipp
      >

      > --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "pengolodh_dk" <pedelberg@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Philipp,
      > >
      > > I hope Helge's patronizing, threatening, and insulting mail won't keep you from posting here or on Elfling. You are needed.
      > >
      > > Claiming in public that someone has broken a law can be unlawful in itself. Therefore it is a good idea to rephrase such a statement, or putting an 'I believe...' or 'It looks like to me that...' in front of it.
      > >
      > > Don't let Helge's threats keep you from posting on these issues, just be careful with claiming somebody committed a crime.
      > >
      > > Regarding Elfling, you propably very well know that people who a chummy with the list owner have all the space they want for insults, and the rest of us can't say 'boh' without it being a 'flame'.
      > >
      > > I once had a private email correspondance with David Salo about it, and he made Saruman seem like a rhetorical freshman. Discussing these matters with Helge, David, or Lisa Star, is best described in Tolkien's chapter "The Voice of Saruman". In that chapter might also be clues as to what is the best strategy to counter their absurdities.

    • Helge K. Fauskanger
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2010
        Lucy wrote:

        > You know, sometimes it seems to me that Helge Fauskanger, David Salo
        and their justlikers live in another world that has kind of different
        rules. It is most unfortunate that their world interlaps in a way with
        the world that we - if I may call us so - 'clearminded' live in.

        And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you as well, Lucy! I trust you and the other
        Clear-Minded People will treasure every single day of 2010, always
        remembering that you enjoy the privilege of a higher, sublime level of
        consciousness that must be altogether unimaginable to David, me and our
        "justlikes"!

        > The trouble is how easily 'innocent' souls get fooled and tangled
        into their _unlimited_ behavior...

        Ah, yes -- "evil is fissiparous" (Morgoth's Ring, p. 405).

        Frankly I though the entertainment value of Elfling-d was all but gone
        after its founder stopped producing his amusing posts, but now there are
        interesting signs of some kind of revival! Keep 'em coming, folks, they
        are much appreciated!

        Yours,
        HKF (still chuckling...)
      • calwen76
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2010
          --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "Helge K. Fauskanger" <helge.fauskanger@...> wrote:

          > And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you as well, Lucy! I trust you and the
          > other Clear-Minded People will treasure every single day of 2010,
          > always remembering that you enjoy the privilege of a higher,
          > sublime level of consciousness that must be altogether unimaginable > to David, me and our "justlikes"!

          And where exactly have I writen that the world I live in is "higher and sublime", Helge? I've only said it's _different_. It is no synonym to either of your words. And, you have never tended to derogate yourself, it is a new quality of yours?
          Though I must admit you got it explicitly right, feeling my world unimaginable. Bright boy...

          > Ah, yes -- "evil is fissiparous" (Morgoth's Ring, p. 405).

          You know best.

          > Frankly I though the entertainment value of Elfling-d was all but
          > gone after its founder stopped producing his amusing posts, but now > there are interesting signs of some kind of revival! Keep 'em
          > coming, folks, they are much appreciated!

          Glad I amused you...

          > HKF (still chuckling...)

          Mind you don't choke. I would miss the kilometres of your posts...

          Lucy