Re: _Not_ "exactly the same language"

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2008
      Fauskanger at long last replies to my critique (from June) of his Neo-Quenya in the previous
      message in this thread <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/elfling-d/message/701> -- or,
      more accurately, I should say that Helge replies to what he misrepresents the critique as
      being by saying: "Somewhere I believe I read a complaint to the effect that the Quenya
      locative denotes _on_ rather than _in_."

      Whereas what I in fact said was that:

      > the locative case always indicates "at" or "on" (even in Tolkien's
      > translation where English idiom uses "in", the sense is not "inside"...)

      That is, it was Helge's use of the locative to mean _inside_ (not simply "in") that I was
      critiquing.

      But hey, facts shmacts, right?

      Carl F. Hostetter