graylisted?

  • petristikka
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2002
      How many members has Elfling acutually graylisted or otherwise
      censored? And why don't they post their censored messages here? This
      list had 2 messages in August, while the real Elfling had hundreds of
      them. What is the real point of this list, if there is no discussion
      in it?

      Petri Tikka
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2002
        Well, one reason for this list is for you and everyone else who cares
        to be able to ask questions like this about Elfling moderation and
        policies, and be sure that it will not be censored.

        The fact that this list has so little discussion in it (yet) has no
        bearing on the purpose of the list (which is stated on the list's
        archive page), and certainly does not justify implying that there is a
        "real" purpose other than what is there stated. There's no way to force
        people to participate (thank goodness!). I suspect that most Elfling
        members are simply not yet aware that this list exists. That is no
        doubt due in very large part to the fact that, for some reason, this
        list's existence has not been publicized on Elfling. Go figure....

        So far as I know, I'm the only banned member of Elfling (at any rate,
        I'm the only member whose banning David Salo saw fit to announce).
        David did imply recently that Helge Fauskanger had either been banned
        or had left the list; but I see that he has returned. I know that there
        have been a number of formerly active participants on Elfling that have
        left the list, because they grew frustrated at having their posts
        rejected for what they saw as biased moderatorial judgments.