Re: Vedr. [elfling-d] Re: Sensible arrangement

    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 14, 2007
      Like Pat, I plan on ignoring any further posts from Jakob Lier --
      unless there seems to be some kind of consensus here that I should
      respond to some particular post -- because I've already said all that
      needs to be said to him.

      (Oh, also because I've noticed from the headers of Lier's posts that
      he is sending his messages from 129.177.138.245, which oddly enough
      happens to be at Bergen University, Norway, which oddly enough
      happens to be Helge Fauskanger's university and the host of
      _Ardalambion_; and which oddly enough happens to be _VERY_ close to
      the IP address from which Helge posts to Elfling: 129.177.138.247.)

      But I did want to note that William Hicklin's reply to the points
      that Lier apparently raised in his latest post are exactly correct.

      Carl

      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 13, 2007
        On Oct 13, 2007, at 5:54 PM, William Cloud Hicklin wrote:

        > Herewith the evenhanded 'moderation' of Elfling:
        >
        > ****************
        > 2) Repy, from D Salo:
        >
        > As a general matter, applicable to any user, however, messages to
        > the list are expected to attain a basic standard of politeness,
        > relevance, lack of antagonism towards other list members,

        Note the specification: politeness etc. is expected only _towards
        other list members_, which membership is continually being purged of
        Salo/Fauskanger's favorite targets.... (Not that any politeness etc.
        is expected from Helge, who is frequently rude to list members, as
        for only the most recent example, Thorsten Renk.)

        > and not to detract from the level of discussion by starting flamewars.

        <**couHELGEgh**>

        > It has been observed that your contributions to other online fora
        > have been contentious, quarrelsome, and abusive, characterized by
        > insults, flames,

        <**couHELGEgh**>
        > and even threats

        Let's see: people threatened by William Hicklin: 0. People threatened
        by Helge: at least 2. (Keep in mind, Helge actually sicced a lawyer
        on Christopher Tolkien and the Tolkien Estate in the person of
        Cathleen Blackburn.)

        Hm. Hm.