Sensible arrangement

  • Jakob Lier
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 12, 2007
      > "I am here, and you are there. Possibly a sensible arrangement. - HKF"

      That was ALL? For a moment there, Carl, you had people believing that Helge had written something really nasty!

      Really, Carl, based on the tone you normally use when you discuss anything having to do with Helge, do you think it would be a good idea that you and he should ever meet face to face? If all those capital letters you use translate into screaming and yelling, it could at the very least be a terribly noisy event.

      > Helge chose to write something not nice. Why would he do that?

      Simply observing that you and he probably shouldn't meet only amounts to formulating a truism, if you ask me.

      And when did you last write something really, really nice about him? Action and reaction...

      > Why does he do that in most every post he makes to Elfling?

      Surely the vast majority of his posts simply have to do with various linguistic technicalities?

      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 13, 2007
        On Oct 13, 2007, at 5:54 PM, William Cloud Hicklin wrote:

        > Herewith the evenhanded 'moderation' of Elfling:
        >
        > ****************
        > 2) Repy, from D Salo:
        >
        > As a general matter, applicable to any user, however, messages to
        > the list are expected to attain a basic standard of politeness,
        > relevance, lack of antagonism towards other list members,

        Note the specification: politeness etc. is expected only _towards
        other list members_, which membership is continually being purged of
        Salo/Fauskanger's favorite targets.... (Not that any politeness etc.
        is expected from Helge, who is frequently rude to list members, as
        for only the most recent example, Thorsten Renk.)

        > and not to detract from the level of discussion by starting flamewars.

        <**couHELGEgh**>

        > It has been observed that your contributions to other online fora
        > have been contentious, quarrelsome, and abusive, characterized by
        > insults, flames,

        <**couHELGEgh**>
        > and even threats

        Let's see: people threatened by William Hicklin: 0. People threatened
        by Helge: at least 2. (Keep in mind, Helge actually sicced a lawyer
        on Christopher Tolkien and the Tolkien Estate in the person of
        Cathleen Blackburn.)

        Hm. Hm.