Re: Vedr. [elfling-d] Re: "Venom-dripping" comment?

  • Rodrigo Jaroszewski
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 12, 2007
      On 9/12/07, "Beregond. Anders Stenström" <beregond@...> wrote:
      > The original note has been sent to Carl, as you
      > know, but I think I can give the exact words (and Helge
      > says I might well quote him): "I am here, and you are there.
      > Possibly a sensible arrangement. - HKF"

      *Sigh*

      --
      Rodrigo "Slicer" Jaroszewski

      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 13, 2007
        On Oct 13, 2007, at 5:54 PM, William Cloud Hicklin wrote:

        > Herewith the evenhanded 'moderation' of Elfling:
        >
        > ****************
        > 2) Repy, from D Salo:
        >
        > As a general matter, applicable to any user, however, messages to
        > the list are expected to attain a basic standard of politeness,
        > relevance, lack of antagonism towards other list members,

        Note the specification: politeness etc. is expected only _towards
        other list members_, which membership is continually being purged of
        Salo/Fauskanger's favorite targets.... (Not that any politeness etc.
        is expected from Helge, who is frequently rude to list members, as
        for only the most recent example, Thorsten Renk.)

        > and not to detract from the level of discussion by starting flamewars.

        <**couHELGEgh**>

        > It has been observed that your contributions to other online fora
        > have been contentious, quarrelsome, and abusive, characterized by
        > insults, flames,

        <**couHELGEgh**>
        > and even threats

        Let's see: people threatened by William Hicklin: 0. People threatened
        by Helge: at least 2. (Keep in mind, Helge actually sicced a lawyer
        on Christopher Tolkien and the Tolkien Estate in the person of
        Cathleen Blackburn.)

        Hm. Hm.