Skip to search.

Re: VT 49: a review

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2007
      I would also like to note that, while David "mudant" Salo of course
      means to imply that contributors to _Lambengolmor_ are forbidden to
      find fault with Tolkien's invention, that is not at all the case.
      Anyone is free to _present a case_ for an error or deficiency on
      Tolkien's part. (And _anyone_ is free to present a counter-case:
      unlike on Elfling.) What they are _not_ free to do is what David "bo
      Geven" Salo and Helge "-rye" Fauskanger do: simply assume and assert
      that Tolkien must have made a mistake or been dense simply because
      what he wrote doesn't conform to their expectations. The _real_
      difference between _Lambengolmor_ and Elfling is that _no one_ is
      allowed to simply assert a claim, but must provide _evidence_ and
      _reasoning_ for all claims. (Well, that, and that _no one_ is allowed
      to make personal attacks, whether they happen to be friends of the
      "moderator" or not.)