Hi, David the Surveyor again

  • tolkiensurvey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
      I've re-joined the group with a new profile and e-mail address.

      Here is the full survey questionnaire. It is very, verylong. You can
      either answer here in the group (with the Owner'spermission), or you can
      visit my blog and answer it there. Thelink again is Surveying
      Middle-earth <http://middleearthsurvey.blogspot.com/> .

      SURVEY

      Please answer the questions by either typing the answer after
      thequestion, or just the number or letter of the question followed by
      youranswer.

      I prefer that you participate anonymously. If you want meto credit you
      for any material I quote, write this in your reply. I'lluse your
      forum name ONLY. Please don't give out your real names ore-mail
      addresses.

      Answer all or just some of the questions. Answers can be anylength. I
      will read and use all survey responses. Thank you forparticipating!

      1) Your age

      2) Your gender

      3) Country of residence

      4) Languages(s) spoken

      5) Which of the following books have you read? Please list using the
      title abbreviations.

      a. HOB: The Hobbit
      b. LOTR: The Lord of the Rings
      c. SIL: The Silmarillion
      d. UT: Unfinished Tales
      e. TOM: "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil," from The Tolkien Reader
      f. RG: The Road Goes Ever On
      g. BIL: Bilbo's Last Song
      h. BLT1: The Book of Lost Tales I (The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 1)
      i. BLT2: The Book of Lost Tales II (HoME, Vol. 2)
      j. LB: The Lays of Beleriand (HoME, Vol. 3)
      k. SME: The Shaping of Middle-earth (HoME, Vol. 4)
      l. LR: The Lost Road (HoME, Vol. 5)
      m. RS: The Return of the Shadow (HoME, Vol. 6)
      n. TI: The Treason of Isengard (HoME, Vol. 7)
      o. WR: The War of the Ring (HoME, Vol. 8)
      p. SD or ETA: Sauron Defeated (or the shorter version, The End of the
      Third Age) (HoME, vol. 9)
      q. MR: Morgoth's Ring (HoME, Vol. 10)
      r. WJ: The War of the Jewels (HoME, Vol. 11)
      s. PME: The Peoples of Middle-earth (HoME, Vol. 12)

      6) Which of the following movies have you seen? Please list using the
      title abbreviations.

      a. HOBA: The Hobbit, animated television film, dir. by Jules Bass and
      Arthur Rankin, Jr. (1978)
      b. LTRA: The Lord of the Rings, animated theatrical film, dir. by Ralph
      Bakshi (1979)
      c. RTKA: The Return of the King, animated televised film, dir. by Jules
      Bass and Arthur Rankin, Jr. (1980)
      d. FRM: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, dir. by Peter
      Jackson (2001)
      e. TTM: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, dir. by Peter Jackson
      (2002)
      f. RTKM: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, dir. by Peter
      Jackson (2003)

      7) Which radio dramas or books on CD or tape have you listened to?

      8) Which book, movie, or recording did you first read, watch, or listen
      to?

      9) Were these works in English or in another language?

      10)Do you prefer the books, movies, or audio recordings?

      11)Which books do you like the most? Why? Which do you dislike the most?
      Why?

      12)Which movies do you like the most? Why? Which do you dislike the
      most? Why?

      13)Which audio recordings do you like the most? Why? Which do you
      dislike the most? Why?

      14)What do you like or dislike most about Tolkien's works?

      15)Why do you like or dislike Tolkien's works? What do they mean to
      you?

      DISCLAIMER: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SURVEY, YOU FULLY RELEASE
      ANYCOPYRIGHT CLAIMS TO YOUR WRITTEN ANSWERS. I WILL HOLD ALL COPYRIGHT
      TOTHESE WRITTEN ANSWERS AND MAY USE THEM IN ANYWAY AND IN ANY FORM
      ICHOOSE

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
        I don't moderate this list except to remove spam messages, and
        David's survey, while not technically on-topic for this list, is not
        in the category of spam I remove. HOWEVER, I would ask anyone who is
        interested in participating in the survey to do so with David
        directly, not here, and for David to conduct the survey further off-
        list from now on.

        Thanks,

        Carl
      • tolkiensurvey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
          Carl,

          I posted the link for my blog , so people should visit it to answer
          the survey. I posted the questions mainly to create some interest with
          members, but I'll keep my messages clear of survey business in the
          future. I appreciate the warning. Thanks.

          David

          --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...>