[Lambengolmor] OT: Please give

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 5:29 PM
      Please forgive this off-topic post, but I want to ask list members to
      please consider making a donation to the American Red Cross to aid
      victims of Hurricane Katrina. The focus on the fact that the eye did
      not hit New Orleans has created an unreal initial perception that the
      area was spared. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The
      devastation that has befallen the southern Mississippi region is now
      starting to become apparent, New Orleans continues to fill with water
      -- water that will have nowhere to go for weeks if not months -- and
      broken gas lines are causing fires in urban areas. Vast numbers of
      people are in dire immediate need of food, water, clothing, and
      medical and other supplies, and will be subject to heat, deprivation,
      and disease for a considerable time to come.

      The American Red Cross has set up an online donation page at:

      <https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp>

      and information on donating by other means is at:

      <http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html>

      Thank you,