Re: [elfling-d] Re: Banned from yet another site

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 16, 2004
      On Dec 15, 2004, at 11:51 PM, iavasj wrote:

      > Absolutely. The technical and theoretical aspects of the languages
      > should not be (indeed, cannot be) separated from the study of them.

      This is it exactly. I don't know where people ever got the idea that
      learning a language -- or, in the case of Elvish, and other
      poorly-attested dead languages, more accurately learning _about_ a
      language (indeed, ESPECIALLY in such cases) -- wouldn't involve a lot
      of often technical study and discussion, and impose demands of
      precision and rigor: just like any other scholarly endeavor.