Re: [elfling-d] Here come the professionals...

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
      First, note that I have removed "treowgeweorc's" post from the
      archives, as reposting the entirety of a copyrighted article is clearly
      a violation of copyright. I have, however, copied the header of
      "treowgeweorc's" post below, which contains a link to the article in
      question, on the copyright holder's web site.

      Second, note that a little research into the main topic of the article,
      the new annual _Tolkien Studies_, will quickly show that not only have
      I, Carl Hostetter, contributed an article to the first volume, but that
      I am on the editorial board of the journal. Tolkienian linguistics thus
      is and will continue to be well represented in the journal; though of
      course the primary vehicle for Tolkienian linguistics will continue to
      be the already established journals, not the new, general _Tolkien
      Studies_.

      On Jun 1, 2004, at 12:19 PM, treowgeweorc wrote:

      > This is an article from "The Chronicle of Higher Education" for
      > 6/4/04, with nary a mention
      > of Elfling, Lambengolmor, Vinyar Tengwar, Carl Hostetter, David Salo,
      > or anyone else.
      >
      > Note that the author will be holding a "live colloquium" on Thursday,
      > June 3 at 12:00pm
      > EST. To participate, go to:
      >
      > http://chronicle.com/temp/email.php?id=ltbs0dq1pvkkmtla039f77rpfzkeqi2b
    • jonathan_avidan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
        Is there away of purchasing or subscribing to _Tolkien Studies_
        online and pay via paypal or visa?

        John

        > On Jun 1, 2004, at 12:19 PM, treowgeweorc wrote:
        >
        > > This is an article from "The Chronicle of Higher Education" for
        > > 6/4/04, with nary a mention
        > > of Elfling, Lambengolmor, Vinyar Tengwar, Carl Hostetter, David
        Salo,
        > > or anyone else.
        > >
        > > Note that the author will be holding a "live colloquium" on
        Thursday,
        > > June 3 at 12:00pm
        > > EST. To participate, go to:
        > >
        > > http://chronicle.com/temp/email.php?
        id=ltbs0dq1pvkkmtla039f77rpfzkeqi2b
      • Pavel Iosad
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
          Hello,

          > Is there away of purchasing or subscribing to _Tolkien Studies_
          > online and pay via paypal or visa?

          http://wvupress.as.wvu.edu/ibp_tolkien.html

          Pavel
        • jonathan_avidan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
            --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "Pavel Iosad" <edricson@d...>
            wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > > Is there away of purchasing or subscribing to _Tolkien Studies_
            > > online and pay via paypal or visa?
            >
            > http://wvupress.as.wvu.edu/ibp_tolkien.html
            >
            > Pavel

            Sposiva!
          • calwen76
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2004
              --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan_avidan"
              <jonathan_avidan@h...> wrote:
              > --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "Pavel Iosad" <edricson@d...>
              > wrote:
              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > > Is there away of purchasing or subscribing to _Tolkien Studies_
              > > > online and pay via paypal or visa?
              > >
              > > http://wvupress.as.wvu.edu/ibp_tolkien.html
              > >
              > > Pavel
              >
              > Sposiva!

              Sbacíba? :)))
            • jonathan_avidan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2004
                > Sbacíba? :)))

                You speak Czech, don't you?
                Well - here in Israel every second (!) person (!!) is Russian (!!!)
                so it's not a great surprise. I had to go to school and be one among
                four non-Russian in a class of 40 pupils. At least I learnt how to
                read the Cyrillic script - and some useful swear words, of course ;)
              • calwen76
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2004
                  <jonathan_avidan@h...> wrote:
                  > > Sbacíba? :)))
                  >
                  > You speak Czech, don't you?
                  > Well - here in Israel every second (!) person (!!) is Russian (!!!)
                  > so it's not a great surprise. I had to go to school and be one
                  among
                  > four non-Russian in a class of 40 pupils. At least I learnt how to
                  > read the Cyrillic script - and some useful swear words, of course ;)

                  I am Czech but I do remember Russian - I used to learn it in school
                  since my 10. So I know quite well how to say it :))

                  Æao :)) Lucy (now, not to confuse you, this was Serbian) ;)
                • calwen76
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2004
                    --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "calwen76" <calwen.rudh@s...> wrote:
                    > --- In elfling-d@yahoogroups.com, "jonathan_avidan"
                    > <jonathan_avidan@h...> wrote:
                    > > > Sbacíba? :)))
                    > >
                    > > You speak Czech, don't you?
                    > > Well - here in Israel every second (!) person (!!) is Russian
                    (!!!)
                    > > so it's not a great surprise. I had to go to school and be one
                    > among
                    > > four non-Russian in a class of 40 pupils. At least I learnt how
                    > > read the Cyrillic script - and some useful swear words, of
                    course ;)

                    > I am Czech but I do remember Russian - I used to learn it in school
                    > since my 10. So I know quite well how to say it :))
                    >
                    > Æao :)) Lucy (now, not to confuse you, this was Serbian) ;)

                    NOW I've set my eyes on what I wrote > **_sbacíba?_ Oh my Eru, what a
                    typo... I should have written _spasíba_. Sorry for the confusion.
                    ('Reddenning...)

                    :) Lucy