32Helge's revised Quenya course

    Mar 3, 2003
      Having had only a few moments to scan Helge newly-revised Quenya
      course, it is nonetheless readily apparent that his treatment of the
      matter of the Quenya pronominal system is _vastly_ improved, and so I
      would like compliment him for it. I think anyone will agree that,
      despite having to reveal a set of shifting data that is somewhat more
      complicated than previously, the presentation of the matter itself is
      nonetheless much _clearer_ than previously (due in large part to the
      removal of much special pleading).

      I'll also take this opportunity to correct Helge's wording at another
      point: I have never said that I "recognize the so-called _merin_
      sentence as genuine"; I said only that I saw in the sentence itself no
      reason to think that it was _not_ genuine.