24Re: [elfling-d] "Making a big splash": On David Salo's "scholarship"

  • Mark A Miles
    Jan 29, 2003
      Carl,

      > The link I gave to Dorothea Salo's disdainful statements on copyright
      > and false statements concerning the Tolkien Estate's rights is broken.
      > The correct URL is:
      <snip>

      Bear in mind though, that she didn't actually say the rights were broken;
      she said someone else said it, viz.: "under arguments put forth by some
      folks with close ties to the Tolkien Estate, all that lovely Elvish in the
      Lord of the Rings movies would have been considered a massive copyright
      violation".

      -Mark
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic