Elephants in Need - Can you Help?

  • chasbegley1
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Dear Fellow Elephant Lovers

      Buy a Brick and help EleAid Build an Elephant Medical Centre

      Max requires treatment on his crippled leg and a facial abscess.
      Jokia is blind and her eyes require daily cleaning.
      Boon Khum has a severe internal head infection after his tusks were
      ripped out with a chainsaw.

      These are just three of the twenty elephants that live at the
      Elephant Nature Park in Northern Thailand. After suffering dreadful
      abuse at the hands of man many of them require frequent medical
      care. Other sick elephants are also brought to the Park to be
      treated for a variety of ailments including burns, wounds and skin
      disorders.

      Lek, the Park's owner, her team of dedicated mahouts and
      conservation volunteers do their best for the animals brought into
      their care but facilities are rudimentary and often inadequate.

      We want to change that and we are appealing for your help.

      EleAid is committed to building a facility that will greatly enhance
      the available medical care for these incredible animals. The centre
      will comprise an elephant nursery for the care of babies, a sterile
      treatment area, scaffolds (part of an elephant's anatomy can be
      tricky to reach!), an isolation area and pool for bulls in musth,
      safe storage and an office.

      Can you help?

      Our Buy a Brick sale launches is now live on eBay. By selling
      through eBay people can make the purchase from anywhere in the
      world. Bricks cost just ₤15 and all proceeds go directly to the
      Medical Centre Appeal.
      You can access the sale via this link
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&category=324&item=5522710302&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
      Or via the link on our website home page www.eleaid.com

      Please support our appeal and in place of an actual brick you will
      receive a personalised certificate of appreciation.

      You will also be making a genuine difference to the lives of
      elephants.

      We have 1,000 bricks to sell and ask if you could spread the appeal
      by forwarding this email to everyone in your address book, adding a
      personal message to encourage support.

      Thank you for helping.

      With very best wishes

      Chas Begley
      mail@...
      www.eleaid.com
      EleAid is a Limited Company Registered in England and Wales.
      Registered Company 4780794 Registered Charity No 1100847