Re: [elec_instrument_repair] Help needed with ensoniq EPS

  • xonox
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2006
      Creative doesn't care about any emu or ensoniq hardware it seems... I
      am awaiting a response from ranger audio, i've been in touch with them
      for a week or two.

      I opened up my EPS and found it's 3 voltage regulators that are heating
      up the heatsink this much. I can't believe they don't blow up. I think
      i'll replace them some day.

      If you need parts of manuals for the EPS i know route 66 studios carry
      brand new replacement floppy drives and other things.
      www.route66studios.com

      Have a nice day, thanks for the hint :)

      xonox / quikphix

    • Noel Buhagiar
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 30, 2006
        Please be patient with Ranger-Audio. Could be that they are on shut-down.

        Maybe Creative do not respond for after sales service on a 1 to 1 basis due to too many enquiries.

        Better measure the voltages on those 3 regulators.

        Could be that some IC/s on the main board are drawing-up more current then they should - difficult to tell.

        The heat-sink gets hot but not that much that you shouldn't be able to leave your hand on it.

        If you've fitted a memory expander (like I did) this draws more current. If so, try removing it.

        Many thanks for your comments and suggestions.

        Wish you luck,

        noel