Gleanings from the Inklings - synchroblog

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      I was inspired by "A multe in the chapter House" to suggest a synchronised
      blog (synchroblog) of favourite passages from the Inklings, with comments.

      See:

      http://khanya.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/gleanings-from-the-inklings/

      for details.

      This would entail those who have blogs writing about some of their favourite
      passages from the Inklings books, in their blogs on the same day, with links
      to each others posts.

      For those who don't have blogs, it could equally easily be done on this list.
      The advantage of doing it in a blog is that one can post illustrations, as "A
      mule in the chapter house" has done.

      Is anyone interested?

      http://methodius.blogspot.com
    • SherryT
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        >From: Steve Hayes <hayesstw@...>
        >Date: 2008/04/03 Thu PM 08:58:36 CDT
        >To: eldil@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [eldil] Gleanings from the Inklings - synchroblog

        >I was inspired by "A multe in the chapter House" to suggest a synchronised
        >blog (synchroblog) of favourite passages from the Inklings, with comments.
        >
        >See:
        >
        >http://khanya.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/gleanings-from-the-inklings/
        >
        >for details.

        I'm a bit confused. I hope you can clarify a couple of details. Would we all be writing about our own individual favorite passages< or would someone be choosing a work from which we must in turn choose a favorite passage? How frequently would we be doing this?

        Under the Mercy,

        SherryT

        >This would entail those who have blogs writing about some of their favourite
        >passages from the Inklings books, in their blogs on the same day, with links
        >to each others posts.
        >
        >For those who don't have blogs, it could equally easily be done on this list.
        >The advantage of doing it in a blog is that one can post illustrations, as "A
        >mule in the chapter house" has done.
        >
        >Is anyone interested?
        >
        >--
        >Steve Hayes
        >E-mail: shayes@...
        >Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/litmain.htm
        >http://methodius.blogspot.com

        ~~~~~~~~~
        SEABIRD
        Cara is transported to Narenta & hailed champion agst the daemagos.
        She protests, They've got the wrong person & they'll get me killed if they don't admit it.
        Is it a mistake? Daemagos plan to kill her anyway.
        AMAZON--> http://tinyurl.com/35xu8d
        Extract at: http://khivasmommy.googlepages.com/home
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
          On 3 Apr 2008 at 23:35, SherryT wrote:

          > >From: Steve Hayes <hayesstw@...>
          > >Date: 2008/04/03 Thu PM 08:58:36 CDT
          > >To: eldil@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [eldil] Gleanings from the Inklings - synchroblog
          >
          > >I was inspired by "A multe in the chapter House" to suggest a synchronised
          > >blog (synchroblog) of favourite passages from the Inklings, with comments.
          > >
          > >See:
          > >
          > >http://khanya.wordpress.com/2008/04/03/gleanings-from-the-inklings/
          > >
          > >for details.
          >
          > I'm a bit confused. I hope you can clarify a couple of details. Would we all
          > be writing about our own individual favorite passages< or would someone be
          > choosing a work from which we must in turn choose a favorite passage? How
          > frequently would we be doing this?

          The idea is that each person writes about the passages that are most
          interesting or memorable to them. If you check the blog post, and the
          original, you can see the kind of thing I have in mind as a model.

          In the case of a synchroblog, if enough people are interested, we would agree
          on a date to do it, and announce the title and blog URL a day or two before.

          In the case pof the list, well, anyone can post them whenever they feel like
          it.

          http://people.tribe.net/hayesstw