Re: [eldil] experiment & a question

  • SherryT
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
      >From: Steve Hayes <hayesstw@...>
      >Date: 2007/09/06 Thu PM 09:34:15 CDT
      >To: SherryT <vze4wrc9@...>, eldil@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [eldil] experiment & a question

      >On 6 Sep 2007 at 14:44, SherryT wrote:
      >
      >> Question: Yahoo typically strips attachments from emails sent to a list. Does
      >> it always do that?
      >>
      >> Given that this group will be by invitation only, would it be possible and
      >> permissable to allow members to include very small attachments of texts of an
      >> author's works? I don't see a specific reason why we should do so. I just
      >> thught I would ask.
      >
      >It would be better, once you have sorted out your password problems with
      >Yahoo, to upload them to the files section on the web page. A notification of
      >new files can then be sent to members, and they can downlaod them from there.

      After two years and many, many fruitless evenings of working my way through the same series of password-changing hoops, I have not the slightest desire to ever try it again. Add to that all of the emails and going through Help files to no purpose, and I've probably spent wel over a hundred hours on this.

      Perhaps, the kind members of the list would be so good as to send me a copy of whatever it is that they are posting.

      I could also do without, if necessary. I am on several Yahoo-based lists (Well, I can't really sign out of them, you know. ;) ) and I can't look at any stored files associated with the groups for them.

      Under the Mercy,

      SherryT

      ~~~~~~~~~
      Seabird will be available from Gryphonwood Press, Nov 2007.
      http://www.gryphonwoodpress.com/images/catalogueJune2007.pdf

      Fans of C.S. Lewis will love Sherry Thompson's novel. When Cara Marshall is transported to Narenta, she is proclaimed champion of its people against the sorcerous daemagos. Amid the grateful welcomes, Cara protests that she has been
      "world-napped," and wants neither her title nor her mission.
      "They've got the wrong person and they're going to get me killed because they won't admit it."
      With no knowledge of weapons or magic, can she save the Tethran kingdom and find her way home?

      Read a sample at: http://khivasmommy.googlepages.com/home
      ~~~~~~~~~