This forum needs a moderator!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2013
      This forum needs a moderator!

      I'm calling for volunteers, or for nominations.

      If you think you could do the job, or know another member who could do the
      job, please give a brief introduction of yourself (or the person you are
      nominating) to tell us a little about them, their interest in the topic of
      the forum and so on.

      DUTIES OF THE MODERATOR

      * to approve new members
      * to check spam messages, and pass them or delete them
      * to see that messages remain on topic and remove or ban members who are rude
      or insulting to others, or who post spam

      It's not a very onerous job, but it is one that needs to be done.

      WHY DO WE NEED A MODERATOR?

      I have been owner/moderator of this forum since it started to be hosted by
      YahooGroups.

      I'm happy to continue doing that, but I'm going away for a while and it would
      be useful if someone could keep things going while I'm gone. New member
      requests, for example, expire after 14 days, and I'll be gone longer than
      that.

      Also, I'm getting old, and one day I'll pop my clogs, and it would be nice if
      discussions could continue after I've gone. The best way of ensuring that
      would be to have one or two additional moderators.

      So please volunteer, or persuade someone else to do so.

      If there are lots of nominations, we'll have a vote.

    • Andrew Beussink
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
        I'd be willing to help out.  I've been a member of this list and the coinherence list for a while, although I've been pretty quiet, mainly because I've been finishing up graduate school.  I grew up reading Lewis and Tolkien, and discovered Charles Williams and Owen Barfield later on when I was in college.  I was working on creating my own mailing group to cover the Inklings and thought and writing since the Inklings when I discovered this group, so I'd love to help out and keep it going.

        Andrew
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2013
          On 16 Apr 2013 at 7:41, Andrew Beussink wrote:

          > I'd be willing to help out. I've been a member of this list and the
          > coinherence list for a while, although I've been pretty quiet, mainly
          > because I've been finishing up graduate school.

          Thanks for offering.

          Unfortunately your Yahoo profile returns

          Not found
          The page you were looking for doesn't exist

          And you need a working Yahoo! profile to be able to moderate properly.