Re: [eldil] The Inklings and theology of religions

  • Andrew Beussink
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
      It reminds me of a passages from Chesterton's "The Everlasting Man" that Confucius and the Buddha, on beholding the God-child "would have come to complete their conceptions with something they had not conceived," that any religion has some glimpse of truth, and that truth is found more complete in Christ.  Lewis, Tolkien and Williams all had the ability to discern these glimpses and redeem their images -- not just empty them of their original meaning and reuse them.