Re: Old Solar

  • Richard Lyman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 7:19 AM
      I don't think so, unless you count a remark by J. B. S. Haldane in an article attacking Lewis, to the effect that an ideal language (such as Old Solar presumably is) would not have such an array of variations in plurals!
      Richard Sturch.
    • Andrea
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26 2:22 PM
        --- In eldil@yahoogroups.com, Richard Lyman <charles_wms_soc@...> wrote:

        > I don't think so, unless you count a remark by J. B. S. Haldane in an article attacking Lewis, to the effect that an ideal language (such as Old Solar presumably is) would not have such an array of variations in plurals!
        > Richard Sturch.

        Hmmm...interesting point. Obviously Haldane's ideal is uniformity. On the other hand, Creation leads us to believe that it is in fact variety which is the more primitive state.

        Andromeda