RE: [eldil] intro

  • Ann Ahnemann
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2010

      This is just an intro of myself! Joined yesterday, after one of your
      members mentioned the list - thanks Ann!
      I am an admirer of all the Inklings, so am pleased to find you; posts
      from me may be few at the moment, I'm not too well, and here in OZ we
      are in the middle of a heatwave. But it'll be good to read all your
      posts and get to know you!
      I was interested in Ann's post on Arthur C Clark's book; I've never read
      it, being, I'm afraid, put off by rumours that Clark's work is good in
      the plot department but not in the writing - would you agree, Ann?
      Might just try one now!

      Anyway, greetings and thanks for having me....
      Carolyn

      The City and the Stars is one of the best of the genre that I've read.  It is right up there with Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game series, Inklings and Inklings friends.  Great imagination, and meaning.  A mystical bent which I like.  I'm so glad you are here, Carolyn!

      Ann

      ,_._,___