RE: [eldil] Films again

  • Ann Ahnemann
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2010

      I enjoyed the LOTR films enormously - in particuoar, they matched the places and scenery superbly. But trhe real weaknes was the stonishing change in Frodo. In the book he is - unexpectedly - tough ("the best hobbit in the Shire", Bilbo & Gandalf thought him). In the film, whenever he sees an enemy he drops his sword and lies on his back. The one exception is when he pushes Gollum over the brink, which of course he most certainly didn't do in the book.
      Richard Sturch.

      For me, the films depicted a most human Frodo.  Heartbreakingly so at times.  I don't know, and hestitate to say, but for this woman he was so very believable.