Re: [coinherence-l] A ChWms "micro questionnaire"

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2010
      On 19 Aug 2010 at 4:33, Sherry Thompson wrote:

      > I'm throwing this to together as I go along, so bear with me...
      >
      > 1. When did you first hear of Charles Williams? How? When?

      And Anglican monk, Brother Roger CR, lent "All Hallows Eve" to my mother, and
      I read it in December 1960, when I was 18. He lent us other Williams books
      from their priory library in Rosettenville, Johannesburg, including "The
      Place of the Lion", "War in Heaven", "Many Dimensions" and "house of the
      Octopus" (which he suggested that our parish youth group produce as a play,
      but I doubted that we could do it justice.

      > 2. What was the first ChWms work you read?

      All Hallows Eve

      > 3. What did you think of it?

      I thought it was rather strange, and didn't really understand it.

      > 4. What's your favorite?

      The Place of the Lion

      > 5. What have you read most recently?

      War in Heaven

      > 6. What ChWms piece haven't you read but would like to?

      I can't think of any.

      Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/STEVESIG.HTM