fireflies

  • Richard Lyman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2009
      If it is a mattre of literary style, I entirely agree - Wlliams is wildly inconsistent. If it's a matter of inteensity of thought, I don't agrre - Willimas and Lewis are so different in their approach that comparisons aren't really possible.
      "That Hideous Strength" is, i should say, 10% w o r s e than (some of) Williams's novels (it's certainly better than "Shadows of Ecstasy"!); it's too much of a jumble.