My people were fair and had sky in their hair

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2009
      In the late 1960s or early 1970s the pop group Tyrannosaurus Rex (later T
      Rex) with Marc Bolan produced a record with the title "My people were fair
      and had sky in their hair, but now they're content to wear stars on their
      brows".

      I thought it was a quote from one of Tolkien's books, or perhaps one of Alan
      Garner's, but I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know if it is a
      quote from those or other writers? Any coments about it?