         Posted by: "Steve Hayes" hayesstw@... hayesstw
         Date: Mon Aug 4, 2008 3:09 am ((PDT))

      On 14 Jul 2008 at 15:43, Yvonne Aburrow wrote:

      > You've seen that the Chronicles of Narnia were based on the seven planets...
      > Now enjoy the Narnian Tarot:
      > http://druidjournal.net/2008/07/10/the-narnian-tarot/

      I've been following the discussion there with some interest, and find that
      though initially there was a rejection of the idea that the Narnian stories
      are allegory, the people there now seem to have accepted the idea of a
      project to allegorise them in relation to the Tarot.

      I find that a bit odd.

      The Tarot is a set of symbols, which sometimes correspond with people and
      events in the world we know. They may correspond with people and events in
      the Narnia stories, but it seems a strange exercise in reverse typology to
      try and turn the events or people in the stories into symbols.

      I think it might be an interesting and enjoyable exercise to discuss the
      possible relevance of some of the Tarot symbols to some of the events and
      people in the stories, but trying to do the reverse -- create a pack of Tarot
      cards from events in the stories, seems dull and futile and forced.

             http://people.tribe.net/hayesstw

      Yvonne
      ~~
      http://yaburrow.googlepages.com/