287Re: [eldil] Re: Orthodox Christians and fantasy literature

  • Ahnemann
    May 8, 2012
      Not sure the series qualifies as fantasy or Sci-fi, but what does anyone have to say about Hunger Games? I'm about 50 pages into the first book and find it incredibly gruesome. There are some redeeming moments.

      Sent from my iPad

      On May 8, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Fr Methodios <methodios102@...> wrote:

      It seems to me that Christian literature can include fantasy, but not all fantasy is Christian. Lewis, Tolkien, Rowling all wrote Christian fiction in the genre. Twilight is not Christian fiction - no noble task, no sacrifice for others - just I want my "perfect" boyfriend and my perfect "life". The Inklings showed the world that Christian lit can be exciting and not lame, which usually happens when a writer sets out to write a "Christian" story and degenerates into a thinly disguised sermon.

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic