Re: [el-shella] Being Blind and workforce in Egypt

  • s l
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
      Hi,
      Work for blind people is critical and very important.... it gives them a reason to live and a way to blend in the society and get experiences and make relationships with people who might make their life easier specially when they do not have a very good financial conditions or when they are not from a high class level .

      Well it happens that I have some blind friends too... they were students at faculties of arts ( adab ) .. Passed and now they are facing a major problem finding jobs ... I wanted soooo much to help them... i looked for jobs for them everywhere but as u said in egypt they don't have a big chance ... although some people told me that legally every governemental company or organization should hire a specific percentage of special needs employees including blind ppl..I am not sure how true is that? Does anybody know?

      Finally, I succeeded to get a job for one of them as an operator ... I know it's below his qualification but (actually that's the only job that I had in mind ... that don't need vision)

      Programming is a great idea.... but i need to get more information on how did it work? Do they have to get special computers? How much does it cost and should they have a computer background to learn programming?

      I am sorry I intended to drop a couple of line ... but I just found that I have soo much to contribute with about this subject... because knowing this blind guys and helping them was one of my best experiences in life. I wish u alllll find the nearest center for blind pal and try to offer your help... i assure u... u will not regret it. U will discover how funny and incredibly clever they are and u will feel how much you are blessed.

      BELIEVE ME ...IT FEELS GREAT BEING ABLE TO HELP
      yours,
      S.
      http://JobsInEgypt.el-shella.com