Re: STEMI EKGs

  • bf6805
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 10, 2009
      --- In ekg_club@yahoogroups.com, Tom Bouthillet <tbouthillet@...> wrote:

      > Have you guys seen the new video for the AHA's Mission: Lifeline? I thought
      > they did a good job.
      >
      > http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3062747
      >
      > Tom

      Hi Tom!
      I just saw it and I think It's great!
      We started our 12 lead program, here in Bourbonnais, Il., last yr. We had 2 Zoll "E"s, now we have 3, one for each amb. We've had 3 STEMI'S this year including 1 full arrest that was brought back prior to hosp. arrival. Pt. had open heart and is doing Great!
      That's what it's all about.
      Matt Stefanich EMT-P
      Bourbonnais fire Prot. Dist.
      Bourbonnais, Il.
    • Terje Myrstad
      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 12, 2009
        In Stavanger, Norway we have a system that is working very well. The paramedics takes a 12 lead ECG and send it to the CCU. A nurse receive the ECG and immediately calls the doctor.
        If there is a STEMI we call the invasive cardiologist and two nurses, they have a response time on maxiumun 30 minutes until they are ready on the cath lab. If they are ready wheen the the patient arrives to the hospital the paramedics goes directly to the cath lab.

        The paramedics has been trained in the procedures and have a protocol that they follow. The protocol has been developed with the CCU, cath lab and the emergency unit.

        Terje