Reminder: Earth Day, Sunday, 4/22, 2:00 Union Corners Pantry Garden Dedication

  • Joe Mingle
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 1:41 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 40 KB
    Hello, friend!

    If you only have time to do one thing to mark Earth Day this Sunday, come down to the Union Corners Pantry Garden Dedication at 2:00!  Forward Community Marching band will be there along with Dane County Executive Joe Parisi, Mentoring Positives' Alan Chancellor, Alder Marsha Rummel and Chris Brockel, Food and Gardens Manager for Community Action Coalition.

    Volunteers are needed on site starting at 10 am to help build and plant 10 6' x 4' raised beds.  The County has delivered a huge pile of beautiful compost and Gere Tree Service is providing wood chips so we're set to go on Sunday!

    Come by anytime during the day to lend a hand or just hang out.  Bring lawn chairs, a picnic lunch, your boombox or whatever and join us.  Drummers, hula hoopers, jugglers and other performers encouraged to come and help entertain the volunteers!

    Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.  Hope to see you Sunday!

    Yours-

    Joe Mingle

    249-9699
    332-1493