Neighbor In The News: Laura Meddaugh

  • Dan Melton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      Our neighbor artist Laura Meddaugh is the #1 'recent obsession' - Bot. P 4 December 1 - 7 2011 77 Square. "77 Square staffers share their latest fixations" ~ their #1 fixation this week?...

      "1 Near east side artist Laura Meddaugh's brilliantly hued, fanciful acrylic paintings often cost several hundred dollars. Now, a new set of limited edition prints and ready-to-frame careds capture the winter protests at the Capitol, starring dogs and cats as public employees. In the foreground is a recognizable box of Ian's pizza, a "Here's Your Pink Slip" sign, and, instead of a solidarity fist, a solidarity paw, held by a white cat wearing a scarf. Prints are available at Absolutely Art, 2322 Atwood Ave., for $50. Another, smaller print with a similar theme costs $25. Cards cost $8."