City says developers not allowed to meet with neighborhood steering committees?

  • Brenda Konkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      I wanted to let you all know about something a little crazy going on in our neighborhoods here on the near east side regarding the Don Miller sites.  I'm hoping this is all a big misunderstanding and gets straightened out, but I"m worried about the impact it will have on this and future processes.  It's absolutely maddening given how the public was cut out of the process to choose the developers for these Don Miller sites - and now are not allowed to follow their regular processes.  (For more on how the public was/neighborhoods were cut out of the initial process on the Don Miller sites, see here  http://www.forwardlookout.com/2011/07/the-citys-secret-committee/11697)

      Here's the latest on this issue - as far as I know, still unresolved.
      http://www.forwardlookout.com/2011/11/neighborhoods-not-allowed-to-talk-to-developers/12943

      --
      If life were a thing money could buy, the rich would live and poor would die.