Re: [Emerson East Neighborhood Assn] Fwd: [einpc] Low Flying Aircraft - Blistering Sound Levels... Not Cool!!

  • Brian Spindel
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
      Folks,

      Someone raises this issue every couple of months. Once before, and now
      again, I suggest we should remember that we live near an airport, and
      that aircraft have limitations on their choice of flight paths as
      dictated by the laws of physics. MSN air traffic control is well aware
      of the concerns of the airports neighbors over noise and I'm sure strive
      to consider those concerns, and federal noise-abatement procedures are
      always in effect and are enforced at this and all other airports.

      We should consider ourselves blessed that most aircraft noise happens
      outside of wee hours and that the noises we're hearing are just passing
      aircraft and not gunfire, car crashes, physical altercations, etc., as
      residents in other areas of our city experience.

      Brian

      On 09/30/2011 12:12 PM, Mary Anglim wrote:

      > I thought EENA members might agree with Wendy. Mary

    • Wendy Schneider
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
        Well, Brian... maybe if some "people"  and not some"one" keeps raising the issue - pushes a bit - we might see some changes.
        Or better yet, some human acknowledgement of our voiced concerns and questions around this noise. Do you agree?

        I don't complain about the horn that tests the tornado watch system every Wednesday at noon - I actually like it - it serves a real purpose.

        On the other (more brutal) hand, military trainings raise many issues for me - but I will stick with the annoying tip of the iceberg in this case.

        We have the right to be heard and considered. Our reactions and responses to this noise are valid and the process and permission granted to the military in the form of leases via Dane County Airport should be on the table where neighborhood representatives sit.

        I have emailed Marsha Rummel and await her input on this matter.

        Your east side neighbor,

        Wendy

        Someone raises this issue every couple of months.  Once before, and now
        again, I suggest we should remember that we live near an airport, and
        that aircraft have limitations on their choice of flight paths as
        dictated by the laws of physics.  MSN air traffic control is well aware
        of the concerns of the airports neighbors over noise and I'm sure strive
        to consider those concerns, and federal noise-abatement procedures are
        always in effect and are enforced at this and all other airports.

        We should consider ourselves blessed that most aircraft noise happens
        outside of wee hours and that the noises we're hearing are just passing
        aircraft and not gunfire, car crashes, physical altercations, etc., as
        residents in other areas of our city experience.

        Brian

        On 09/30/2011 12:12 PM, Mary Anglim wrote: > > > I thought EENA members might agree with Wendy. Mary > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > From: *Wendy Schneider* <btype35@... <mailto:btype35@...>> > Date: Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM > Subject: [einpc] Low Flying Aircraft - Blistering Sound Levels... Not Cool!! > To: einpc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:einpc@yahoogroups.com>, > sasyna-discussions@yahoogroups.com > <mailto:sasyna-discussions@yahoogroups.com> > > > > > This is Wendy Schneider - Corry St. > > > The blistering noise level and frequency of low (military sounding) > aircraft is not acceptable. > > IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION, PLEASE CALL AND ADD YOUR VOICE - > > Federal Aviation Tower: 608-246-5841 <tel:608-246-5841> > > There will be a meeting in October regarding this.... more to come !! > > - Wendy > > > > > > ------------------------------------ To Post a message, send it to: einpc@yahoogroups.com To Subscribe, send a blank message to: einpc-subscribe@yahoogroups.com To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: einpc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/einpc/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/einpc/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: einpc-digest@yahoogroups.com einpc-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: einpc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Michelle Lawler
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
          I love the sound of the planes - it reminds me I live in a city big enough to have a decent airport.

          To: einpc@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
            I like the F-16s. They're like beautiful sleek birds of prey, or cats, great cats, leopards, perhaps…

            <3 TV2

            To: einpc@yahoogroups.com

            Someone raises this issue every couple of months.  Once before, and now
            again, I suggest we should remember that we live near an airport, and
            that aircraft have limitations on their choice of flight paths as
            dictated by the laws of physics.  MSN air traffic control is well aware
            of the concerns of the airports neighbors over noise and I'm sure strive
            to consider those concerns, and federal noise-abatement procedures are
            always in effect and are enforced at this and all other airports.

            We should consider ourselves blessed that most aircraft noise happens
            outside of wee hours and that the noises we're hearing are just passing
            aircraft and not gunfire, car crashes, physical altercations, etc., as
            residents in other areas of our city experience.

            Brian

            On 09/30/2011 12:12 PM, Mary Anglim wrote:

            > I thought EENA members might agree with Wendy.  Mary

            Groups Links

            --
            Jesus is Lord.

            Ted Voth Jr,