Fw: Zoning Code Adopted

  • Dace Zeps
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      --- On Fri, 4/1/11, Roll, Rick <RRoll@...> wrote:

      From: Roll, Rick <RRoll@...>
      Subject: Zoning Code Adopted
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 9:44 AM

      Hello,

      At its March 29, 2011 meeting, the Madison Common Council adopted the new zoning code.  Work on the code began in December of 2007.  While the new zoning code was adopted, the new zoning map and downtown zoning districts are not yet complete.  Work continues on these items and is expected to continue through 2011.  It is important to understand that the new zoning code does not take effect until the new zoning map is adopted.  In the interim, the existing zoning code and map are in effect.  I’m providing a link to Legistar 15932 where the new zoning code can be found:

      http://legistar.cityofmadison.com/attachments/a7261a03-67a8-413b-a97a-a07f72552155.pdf

      I will provide updates on the new zoning code map and downtown districts drafting process as new information becomes available.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

      Sincerely,

      Rick Roll, AICP

      Senior Planner

      City of Madison