APPLICATIONS FOR ORGANIZING/ LEADERSHIP TRAINING DUE MONDAY

  • Amy S. Mondloch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009

    As many of you know, the Grassroots Leadership College supports the development of grassroots leaders by building skills and relationships in a supportive and challenging environment.

    But what has our organization accomplished throughout communities?

    Since 2003, the GLC’s graduates have completed over 100 community based projects throughout Madison! The projects range in topic, including a

    Hmong Culture Program, the Troy Gardens Neighborhood Association, Triangle Food Bank, and Allied Drive organizing- simply to name a few! Each graduate has effectively turned his or her vision into a reality by applying the knowledge and skills they have gained throughout the semester. After leaving us, many graduates move on to serve on the boards of community organizations, continue to work on community projects, and even return to the GLC as coaches, workshop participants, and volunteers.

    The General Semester is the cornerstone of our work, and the GLC couldn’t be effective in making positive changes without its developing leaders and

    coaches. All are encouraged to enroll, especially those who strive to create positive changes in their neighborhoods and are seeking the skills

    and support it takes to make these changes possible. It’s not too late to get involved! Applications for both developing leaders and coaches are due

    August 3rd and are available at www.grassrootsleadershipcollege.org or by calling 441-0085

    Our classes this semester are from 5:30pm till 8:30pm on Mondays (New night!!) at James Reeb Unitarian Universalist Congregation 2146 E. Johnson

    St.  Dinner is served and childcare provided. Transportation assistance is also available. Classes are held in fully accessible meeting space.

    Don’t forget to register for our Hula Hoopla online at www.firstgiving.com/hulahoopla2009  or stop by and join the fun in downtown

    Mazomanie on September 13th from 11am-4pm! There will be food, entertainment, contests, and more!

    ALUMNI and FRIENDS —I hope you’ll support our ongoing work by personally encouraging those who you know would benefit from the program as coaches or developing leaders.

    Peace,

    amy