Opening Reception 1/9/08 from 5p-9p

  • Meghan Blake-Horst
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009

      "Simple Graces-A Life of Its Own"
      Retro Glass Assemblages
      Artist Nancy Foss

      &
      "Visual Centering"
      Photographic Promptings
      Artist Don Mendenhall

      Opening Reception
      Friday, January 9th
      5p-9p

      Absolutely Art
      2322 Atwood Ave.
      Madison, WI 53704

      We are proud to feature two very talented artists with two distinctive styles.  Nancy Foss creates found object “creatures” from found objects while Don
      Mendenhall captures life and emotion with his photography.

      Don makes use of fine art photography with his work in human resource development, life coaching, art shows, and contemplative writings.  He finds shadow and light, falling and failing; questions and answers, barriers and pathways, fear and courage are excellent themes for photography and the living of life. To see more of Don's work please visit  www.donmendenhallphotography.com

      Nancy has always enjoyed “outsider” art.  She is a classically trained soprano and clinical social worker. She started making many assemblages from junk and then went on to experiment with combining old kitchen gadgets and vintage glass.  Nancy feels her art is meant to celebrate the “child-like” being in each of us:  to stimulate the imagination to see enchantment in the ordinary, to delight in common and often primitive parts of our own environments in a newly-realized way.  Visit Nancy's new website at www.nancyfosscreations.com

      Please join us for this delightful exhibit.  We will provide the treats form Bunky’s Café, drinks for all and live music by Tom Robichaud and Don Issacson.
      --
      Meghan Blake-Horst
      Gallery Manager