Fwd: Don't Forget! Green Action Network Meet up Thursday 10/4 6:30 Escape

  • David Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      Joseph Mingle <jwmingle@...> wrote:
      To: Joseph Mingle <jwmingle@...>
      Subject: Don't Forget! Green Action Network Meet up Thursday 10/4 6:30 Escape
      From: Joseph Mingle <jwmingle@...>
      Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:41:50 -0500

      Don't forget the next

      Green Action Network  Meet Up
      Thursday October 4 6:30
      Escape Java Joint and Gallery

      Come on down and join your friends and neighbors at this month's meet up.  Everyone is welcome and warmly encouraged to attend.  The event will include time for talking about the problems we face but much of the meet up will focus on actions and campaigns we've got going.  The tentative, draft agenda includes the following cryptic points:

      Call to order
      Welcome
      Who we are – What we’re about

      Building the Network – Building the Movement
                  What video to show in November?
                  November 3rd Step It Up Action

      Discussion of current economic situation

      Discussion of Food Sovereignty/Food Security Projects
                  Report on Voit Farms
                  Report on West Waubesa Preservation Coalition
                  Report on expanding E. Main gardens
                  Other projects and ideas

      Discussion of Powerdown Energy Security Projects
                  Planning dirty coal actions
                  Report on community based distributed generation
          Discussion of City and County Transition plans

      Brainstorming on other plans, ideas and campaigns

      More background on these points is available at <www.greenactionnetwork.blogspot.com>.  If you are unable to attend the meet up but have any thoughts or ideas to share, don't hesitate to email back or give me a ring at 249-9699.  Hope to see you Thursday!

      David L. Williams
      404 S. Park St.
      Madison  WI  53715
      608-442-8399 (home)