Scholarship Opportunity for African American students

  • Pamela Hathaway
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Attached is the 2007 Sable Flames/Jones-Robinson Scholarship application.
      This scholarship was created to honor the five children that perished in the
      Sommerset Circle fire of 1990 in Madison, Wisconsin. The children, who were
      African-American, came from a low-income single parent household.
      Following this tragedy, The Sable Flames, Inc., (the African-American
      Firefighters of the City of Madison Fire Department) created a scholarship
      fund in the children's honor. The scholarship is designed for those of a
      similar socioeconomic background who are aspiring to improve their lives
      through higher education.

      We are asking for you or your organizations help in distributing
      applications to persons who may be interested in furthering their education
      and are in need of financial assistance. Listed below are the eligibility
      requirements and scholarship guidelines. Please make duplicate copies of
      this application. If you have any questions, please contact me at 441-0224
      (home), 347-9715 (cell) or e-mail:
      johnnywinstonjr@....

      Thank you for your time.

      Pamela Hathaway, Staff/Community Organizer & Acting ED
      East Isthmus Neighborhoods Planning Council
      204-0834 fax 204-0835
      http://eastisthmus.org
      Uniting and strengthening east Madison neighborhoods

      >Attached is the 2007 Sable Flames/Jones-Robinson Scholarship application.
      >This scholarship was created to honor the five children that perished in
      >the Sommerset Circle fire of 1990 in Madison, Wisconsin. The children, who

      >were African-American, came from a low-income single parent household.
      >Following this tragedy, The Sable Flames, Inc., (the African-American
      >Firefighters of the City of Madison Fire Department) created a scholarship
      >fund in the children's honor. The scholarship is designed for those of a
      >similar socioeconomic background who are aspiring to improve their lives
      >through higher education.
      >
      >We are asking for you or your organizations help in distributing
      >applications to persons who may be interested in furthering their education

      >and are in need of financial assistance. Listed below are the eligibility
      >requirements and scholarship guidelines. Please make duplicate copies of
      >this application. If you have any questions, please contact me at 441-0224

      >(home), 347-9715 (cell) or e-mail: johnnywinstonjr@.... Thank you
      >for your time.

      PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail-award-winning Windows
      Live Hotmail.
      http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migratio
      n_HM_mini_pcmag_0507