FAR EAST MEETING: Cottage Grove Bridge Informational Meeting

  • Pamela Hathaway
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005

      From: Jill Klubertanz [mailto:JKLUBERTANZ@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:35 PM
      To: Jill Klubertanz
      Subject: Cottage Grove Bridge Informational Meeting ( East PoliceDistrict Newsletter Recipients)

      There is going to be an informational meeting about the Cottage Grove bridge (over the interstate) improvements coming up next year.  It is being held by the Project Manager working for DOT.

      The meeting will be on Wednesday, November 9 at 6:30 p - 8:30 p at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church located at 1201 Droster Rd.   A brief presentation will be done at 7 pm with project exhibits on display before and after the presentation.

      Instead of actually replacing the bridge, it has been decided to take the deck off and replace it with a wider deck with areas for bikes and pedestrians.  They expect to do this in 2006.

      I hope to get an October newsletter out this week.  I was on vacation last week (cruising the Caribbean between hurricanes), so I am still trying to get caught up.  Thanks for your patience.

      Captain Jilene Klubertanz
      East Police District
      Madison Police Department
      211 S. Carroll St .