buses

  • Megin Hicks
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7 3:36 PM
      This may not directly affect a lot of the east side, but I'm sending it
      anyway. Read it, forward it, delete it, whatever you like... Bus
      service is important.

      +++METRO ANNOUNCES TWO DECEMBER PUBLIC HEARINGS
      Monday, December 10; Tuesday, December 11
      Two public hearings will be held in December to address fixed-route
      service reductions and related ADA paratransit service changes in the
      Town of Madison and in the City of Madison, due to Town of Madison
      budget constraints. In addition, a route change related to the addition

      of a new bus stop at a proposed "Park & Bus" lot in Olin-Turville Park
      will be considered.

      Town of Madison Public Hearing
      Monday, December 10; 7 PM
      Town Hall
      2120 Fish Hatchery Rd.

      City of Madison Public Hearing
      Tuesday, December 11; 6 PM
      Madison Transit and Parking Commission
      Madison Municipal Building, Room 260
      215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard

      For route-by-route descriptions of the proposed changes see onboard bus
      flyers or the Metro web page at
      www.ci.madison.wi.us/metro/MR/Public%20Hearing.htm. To receive a
      flyer by mail, contact the Metro Customer Service Center at 266-4466
      (TTY: 267-1143) or metrobus@....

      The changes are scheduled to go into effect on February 3, 2002.
      Written comments may be addressed to: Public Hearing Comments, Metro
      Transit System, 1101 E. Washington Ave., Madison, WI 53703 or
      metrobus@....