RE: [eiffel_software] Eiffel Studio 5.7 for Apple OS X

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2007
      > Is there a package or .dmg for the install of Eiffel Studio
      > 5.7 for Apple OS X ?

      At the moment, the only install of EiffelStudio comes from the MacPorts site as
      indicated by the URL you mentioned.

      > There are some downloads at:
      > http://eiffelsoftware.origo.ethz.ch/index.php/EiffelOnMac
      > but requires the installs of other libraries.

      Until we have a native implementation of EiffelVision2 for the Mac, using
      MacPorts is the guaranteed way to have something that works out of the box.

    • Helge Stahlmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
        Peter,

        The installation via MacPorts mentioned by Manu works
        fine.

        Note: The are some issues with the MacPorts
        installation itself under OS X 10.4.8 (and others)
        that seem to be caused by using the wrong
        libs/libpaths.
        I could resolve these problems by renaming /usr/local
        (e. g. to /usr/localx) during MacPorts setup. After
        setup, you can safely rename the directory to
        /usr/local again and start the installation of
        Eiffelstudio by typing "sudo port install
        eiffelstudio".

        Cheers,

        Helge