RE: [eiffel_software] Re: Colours on {STD_FILES}.output stream

  • Colin Adams
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
      But this is saying that CMD.EXE cannot be made to work. So there is no
      chance that this will work when hitting F5 from workbench mode.

      So I think I shall have to give up on this.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
        Colin Adams wrote:

        > But this is saying that CMD.EXE cannot be made to work. So there is no
        > chance that this will work when hitting F5 from workbench mode.
        >
        > So I think I shall have to give up on this.

        Can EiffelStudio be convinced to run system32\command.com instead of
        cmd.exe, perhaps by setting an environment variable?

        Even so, you may find that you need to tweak things like the maximum
        size of the environment. Ah, the good old days of 1995! No wonder I
        used to think MS-DOS was a joke.

        - Peter Gummer
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
          > Can EiffelStudio be convinced to run system32\command.com
          > instead of cmd.exe, perhaps by setting an environment variable?

          It can but not for launching console applications which have nothing to do with
          `cmd.exe' or `command.com'.

          The only place we use `cmd.exe' is for launching external commands. If you
          define COMSPEC to be `command.com' it will use `command.com'.