Re: [eiffel_software] Object Databases with an Eiffel interfaceout there?

  • Rodolfo Grave
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
      All languages can use any database system.... you just need an
      "interface", usually a library or set of classes to interact with the
      server. In eiffel (and many other languages) you can always use the
      serialization mechanism, but some times it's not good enough, especially
      for great amounts of data, handling concurent accesses, providing
      permissions, network access, etc.

      Mattisse has provided such set of classes for Eiffel since the beggining
      I think (or maybe was ISE who provided it?)

      Att,

      RODOLFO