Re: Writing web services for .NET

  • Paul G. Crismer
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
      Thank you Paul for your answer.
      It works; at least the service description can be viewed through
      requesting the asmx file.

      The response of the http server contains this message :

      This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.
      Recommendation: Change the default namespace before the XML Web
      service is made public.

      How can I change de default namespace ?

      Moreover, could you direct me to well-written documentation on how to
      handle session state?

      The basic example I want to make is with an ACCOUNT object having just
      the 'balance', 'debit' and 'credit' features.

      Best regards,

      Paul G. Crismer
    • Paul Bates [ES]
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
        Hi Paul,

        I am glad to see you got things working.

        There isn't all that much to sessions in ASP.NET. Here is a good
        introduction to them
        http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/sessiontool.asp?target=session. If you
        require such a tool, or a building block to build your own tool to view
        the state of your sessions you can download the executable and code from
        http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/exploresessionandcache.asp?target=sess
        ion.

        Here's probably what you need:
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservi
        ce/html/service08062002.asp

        To override the default namespace on your web service class you will
        need to apply the WEB_SERVICE_ATTRIBUTE to you web service class. You'll
        need to set the "namespace" property in the attribute declaration. To do
        this you'll have to do the following:

        indexing
        class_attribute: create {WEB_SERVICE_ATTRIBUTE}.make
        [["namespace", "my_namespace"]] end

        class
        MY_WEB_SERVICE

        feature

        --|
        --| Class features elided for clarity.
        --|

        end -- MY_WEB_SERVICE

        To set property of an attribute you need to place a name/value pair
        TUPLE inside another TUPLE, this is to allow multiple property
        assignments. The name of the property must be the Eiffel lowercase name
        and not the .NET name you'll find in the framework documentation.

        Regards,
        Paul.

        It works; at least the service description can be viewed through
        requesting the asmx file.

        The response of the http server contains this message :

        This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.
        Recommendation: Change the default namespace before the XML Web
        service is made public.

        How can I change de default namespace ?

        Moreover, could you direct me to well-written documentation on how to
        handle session state?

        The basic example I want to make is with an ACCOUNT object having just
        the 'balance', 'debit' and 'credit' features.

        Best regards,

        Paul G. Crismer

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ceuellm/M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=eg
        roupweb/S=1705007207:HM/EXP=1078236788/A=2019528/R=2/SIG=1418gkme4/*http
        :/ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=
        300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1078150388088559?>

        Click Here
        <http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5
        ;sz=300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1078150388088559?> Click Here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egrou
        pweb/S=:HM/A=2019528/rand=197531322>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Daniel Dušek
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
          eiffel_software-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          ---I am glad to see you got things working.
          ---
          -----|
[...]
          --- _____
          ---
          ---Yahoo! Groups Links
          ---* To visit your group on the web, go to:
          ---
          ---* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          ---
          ---
          ---* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          ---<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service.
          ---
          ---
          ---[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          ---
          ---
          ---
          ---
          ---Yahoo! Groups Links
          ---
          ---
          ---
          ---
          ------
          ---Příchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry - VAK JČ a.s.
          ---Zkontrolováno antivirovým systémem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
          ---Verze: 6.0.601 / Virová báze: 382 - datum vydání: 29.2.2004
          ---
          ---
          Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry - VAK JČ a.s.
        • Daniel Dusek
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
[...]

            ---Pøíchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry - VAK JÈ a.s.
            ---Zkontrolováno antivirovým systémem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
            ---Verze: 6.0.601 / Virová báze: 382 - datum vydání: 29.2.2004
            ---
            ---
            Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry - VAK JÈ a.s.
          • Paul G. Crismer
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2004
              Thanks Paul. Unfortunately it does not work.

              Here is what I've written :

              indexing
              class_attribute: create {WEB_SERVICE_ATTRIBUTE}.make
              [["namespace","http://localhost/EiffelWebService"]] end

              class
              MY_EIFFEL_WEB_SERVICE

              inherit
              WEB_SERVICE

              feature
              --| Class features elided for clarity.
              end

              Here is the message I get from EiffelStudio 5.4:

              <error_message>

              Error code: VJAR
              Type error: source of assignment does not conform to target.
              What to do: make sure that type of source (right-hand side)
              conforms (in the sense of inheritance rule) to type of target.

              Class: MY_EIFFEL_WEB_SERVICE
              Feature: _invariant
              Target name: namespace
              Target type: SYSTEM_STRING
              Source type: STRING
              Line: 101
              once
              -> create Result.make (0)
              end

              Error code: VICA
              Error: Custom attribute creation is incorrect.
              What to do: Make sure that it is created using proper creation procedure
              and if named argument initialization is provided that they are indeed
              attributes or properties of custom attribute class.

              Incorrect custom attribute specification in MY_EIFFEL_WEB_SERVICE.
              Type of custom attribute being created WEB_SERVICE_ATTRIBUTE.
              Name of invalid custom attribute named argument namespace.
              </error_message>

              What is wrong there ?

              Can you tell me where the information about custom attributes in
              Eiffel is located in the help file ?

              Best regards,

              Paul G. Crismer
            • Paul Bates [ES]
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2004
                Paul,

                I see what the problem is. To resolve the problem of having two string
                objects, and Eiffel STRING and a .NET SYSTEM_STRING, STRING implicitly
                converters to and from a SYSTEM_STRING but that's not happening in this
                case. To solve the problem for now simply replace your class attribute
                with

                create {WEB_SERVICE_ATTRIBUTE}.make [["namespace",
                (http://localhost/EiffelWebService).to_cil]] end

                Paul.