Problem converting old Ace-files

  • Paul Cohen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm trying to make sure my EiffelOpenGL library and the its example
      programs can be built with EiffelStudio/ec 7.1 on Linux using MesaGL
      and FreeGLUT.

      I need to convert 55 old Ace files. When trying to open the Ace-files
      in Eiffel studio or converting with ec I get "Parse error: Parent not
      found: ..." errors. Any help would be appreciated.

      In my Ace files I have stuff like:

      -- Eiffel OpenGL
      eifogl: "$EIFOGL"

      -- Application
      aacanti (eifogl): "$\examples\eglut\red_book\aacanti\src"

      -- EGL
      all egl (eifogl): "$\egl"

      When running:

      $ ec -ace aacanti.ace

      I get:

      Error code: VD00

      General configuration parsing error.
      What to do: fix the configuration file.

      Parse error: Parent not found: eifogl

      Press <Return> to resume compilation or <Q> to quit

      EIFOGL is set as an environment variable and I've ensured that it also
      has a value in EiffelStudio via the console tool. It points to a valid
      directory. Replacing '\' with '/' in the Ace-files does not help.

      My problem seems to be the same as this old problem:

      http://eiffel.641255.n2.nabble.com/Problems-with-old-ace-files-tt658492.html

      /Paul

      --
      Paul Cohen
      www.seibostudios.se
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
        It is hard to say without having access to the Ace file. If you could fill a
        problem report and submit it to http://support.eiffel.com attaching the original
        Ace file that would be great.

        Manu

      • Paul Cohen
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          Hi,

          On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Emmanuel Stapf <manus@...> wrote:

          > It is hard to say without having access to the Ace file. If you could fill a
          > problem report and submit it to http://support.eiffel.com attaching the original
          > Ace file that would be great.

          The Ace-file is here:

          https://github.com/pacoispaco/eifogl/blob/master/examples/eglut/red_book/aacanti/build_ise/ise5.ace

          The entire source code for the system is available at that GitHub project.

          Tell me if you need more details.

          /Paul

          --
          Paul Cohen
          www.seibostudios.se
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
            Thanks for providing the Ace file. This should be fixed in the next release.

            Manu