Re : [eiffel_software] type problem with store using odbc

  • Philippe Laré
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1 1:49 AM
      Thanks for the help, Manu.

      My problem is to make it work, so the default time lib is good for me. I changed back to the time_french and again it doesn't work. I notice that both the obdc and the store libs embed a default time lib. So I removed the time lib, since it might be there with store and obdc, and the compiler complained with unknown class names.

      It looks like when a different from default time lib is used there is a mismatch between it and the embedded default time lib in the precompiled store and obdc libs. I'm very happy with the default time lib but there must be a problem here.

      Best regards,
      Philippe

      ________________________________
      De : Emmanuel Stapf <manus@...>
      À : eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com
      Envoyé le : Vendredi 1 juin 2012 2h11
      Objet : RE: [eiffel_software] type problem with store using odbc

      > I changed the time_french lib to time and it works. I think it's about
      > the default_format_string. But I can't figure out why with the
      > time_french lib the ANY typed variable initialized from a timestamp of
      > the database is seen as a DATE_TIME typed variable in the debugger but
      > can't pass the attached {DATE_TIME} test.

      Make sure to not include DATE_TIME twice using two different ECFs. You can see if
      this is the case by pick and dropping the DATE_TIME instance into the editor and
      looking at the path.