Pre Compilation tasks

  • andersoxie
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2012
      Hi

      I am trying to add a pre compilation task to my project at Windows. I add

      copy /Y c:\file.txt file2.txt

      in the command row but I get an error message when compiling that says:

      Error code: VD84

      Configuration error: pre or post compile task could not be executed correctly.
      What to do: make sure that the command returns with a return value of 0.

      Action could not be executed successfully:
      copy /Y c:\file.txt c:\file1.txt

      Anders
    • Peter Gummer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2012
        andersoxie wrote:

        > I am trying to add a pre compilation task to my project at Windows. I add
        >
        > copy /Y c:\file.txt file2.txt
        >
        > in the command row but I get an error message when compiling ...

        Hi Anders,

        From memory, I think that copy is built into the command interpreter. You might do better using xcopy instead.

        - Peter Gummer