New classes in 5.3

  • Colin Paul Adams
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2003
      In the What's new in EiffelStudio 5.3, I see the following:

      # Added new classes MEMORY_STRUCTURE, MANAGED_POINTER and C_STRING to
      better manage access to C and C++ memory structure.

      I can't find the documentation for these classes.
      --
      Colin Paul Adams
      Preston Lancashire
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2003
        > # Added new classes MEMORY_STRUCTURE, MANAGED_POINTER and C_STRING to
        > better manage access to C and C++ memory structure.
        >
        > I can't find the documentation for these classes.

        Unfortunately, we haven't added the flat/short of those new classes in the
        documentation. Simply compile a project with those classes included and use
        EiffelStudio to look at their interface. This will be added in 5.4.

        Hope this helps,
        Manu
      • Colin Paul Adams
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2003

          >> # Added new classes MEMORY_STRUCTURE, MANAGED_POINTER and
          >> C_STRING to better manage access to C and C++ memory structure.
          >>
          >> I can't find the documentation for these classes.

          Emmanuel> Unfortunately, we haven't added the flat/short of those
          Emmanuel> new classes in the documentation. Simply compile a
          Emmanuel> project with those classes included and use EiffelStudio
          Emmanuel> to look at their interface. This will be added in 5.4.

          How do I include them? Don't I need to know how to use them first?
          --
          Colin Paul Adams
          Preston Lancashire
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2003
            Simply reference the class name as a local variable and it will be included in
            your system.