A little message written by a new member...

  • titourock1983
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hello everybody :)

      I post my first message here to introduce me.
      First sorry if my english is not very well, I am french so...(sorry for other french people...;))

      My name is Jocelyn, I am 27 years man and I live near Paris.
      I am a junior developper (about two years), my field was in fact maths field at the beginning (logic more precisely).
      I have recently discovered Bertrand Meyer books about OO conception and I mean I was really very impressed by him.

      Now most of time I work on .NET (nobody is perfect...) but one day I hope working in Eiffel even if I do not have find any mission about it in my compagny.

      I think I have told you the essential things about me :)
      Have a good day :)
    • dwilliams@dek.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
        Welcome Jocelyn

        If you haven't already discovered it, I can recommend 'Touch of Class'
        especially as you can down-load the examples from Zurich.

        I do hope you succeed in being able to work in Eiffel. It is not easy to
        find a suitable employer. Once people have put a great deal of time and
        intellectual effort into getting to grips with likes of C++ it is very
        difficult to persuade them to change.

        Regards
        Dave.
        David Williams
        Software Team Leader & Intellectual Property Manager
        email: dwilliams@...
        tel: +44 1305 208341

        From: "titourock1983" <batton.jocelyn@...>
        To: eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com
        Date: 01/02/2011 13:22
        Subject: [eiffel_software] A little message written by a new member...
        Sent by: eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com

        Hello everybody :)

        I post my first message here to introduce me.
        First sorry if my english is not very well, I am french so...(sorry for
        other french people...;))

        My name is Jocelyn, I am 27 years man and I live near Paris.
        I am a junior developper (about two years), my field was in fact maths
        field at the beginning (logic more precisely).
        I have recently discovered Bertrand Meyer books about OO conception and I
        mean I was really very impressed by him.

        Now most of time I work on .NET (nobody is perfect...) but one day I hope
        working in Eiffel even if I do not have find any mission about it in my
        compagny.

        I think I have told you the essential things about me :)
        Have a good day :)

        The information in this e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are provided in commercial confidence for the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the Postmaster by e-mail at postmaster@.... Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of DEK.

        For local company specific legal information for your country or region and any local contact information for DEK, please refer to:

        http://www.dek.com/companyinfo/

        This footnote confirms that this message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses and other 'malware' to the best of our knowledge when it left our systems. DEK is not responsible in any way for any malware that may be or become associated with this message. Recipients are strongly urged to use appropriate protection and requested to assure themselves that opening any attachments is safe.

      • titourock1983
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
          Thank you very much for your answer :)
          I already bought both this book and "Tests and Proofs" after having bought "Advanced OO Conception" (I'm not sure about the title because I have a french version...). But I am appeled that there is a so big difference of power between Eiffel and other langage even if Microsoft with WPF, Silverlight etc... created (I think) a very interesting product although there is (for example) no mutiple inherance...

          I would like to ask you another question too. Is there possible to open a topic here about Bertrand Meyer book (his exercises, his examples etc...) ? I would not like to do a wrong thing so...I prefer asking you.

          Thank you in advance :)
          Jocelyn

          --- In eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com, dwilliams@... wrote:

          > Welcome Jocelyn
          >
          > If you haven't already discovered it, I can recommend 'Touch of Class'
          > especially as you can down-load the examples from Zurich.
          >
          > I do hope you succeed in being able to work in Eiffel. It is not easy to
          > find a suitable employer. Once people have put a great deal of time and
          > intellectual effort into getting to grips with likes of C++ it is very
          > difficult to persuade them to change.
          >
          > Regards
          > Dave.
          > David Williams
          > Software Team Leader & Intellectual Property Manager
          > email: dwilliams@...
          > tel: +44 1305 208341
          >

          > From: "titourock1983" <batton.jocelyn@...>
          > To: eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: 01/02/2011 13:22
          > Subject: [eiffel_software] A little message written by a new member...
          > Sent by: eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com
          >

          > Hello everybody :)
          >
          > I post my first message here to introduce me.
          > First sorry if my english is not very well, I am french so...(sorry for
          > other french people...;))
          >
          > My name is Jocelyn, I am 27 years man and I live near Paris.
          > I am a junior developper (about two years), my field was in fact maths
          > field at the beginning (logic more precisely).
          > I have recently discovered Bertrand Meyer books about OO conception and I
          > mean I was really very impressed by him.
          >
          > Now most of time I work on .NET (nobody is perfect...) but one day I hope
          > working in Eiffel even if I do not have find any mission about it in my
          > compagny.
          >
          > I think I have told you the essential things about me :)
          > Have a good day :)
          >

          > The information in this e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are provided in commercial confidence for the intended recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the Postmaster by e-mail at postmaster@... Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of DEK.
          >
          > For local company specific legal information for your country or region and any local contact information for DEK, please refer to:
          >
          > http://www.dek.com/companyinfo/
          >
          > This footnote confirms that this message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses and other 'malware' to the best of our knowledge when it left our systems. DEK is not responsible in any way for any malware that may be or become associated with this message. Recipients are strongly urged to use appropriate protection and requested to assure themselves that opening any attachments is safe.

        • David Le Bansais
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
            Jocelyn,

            I'm not sure topics like these belong to this group, which is dedicated to Eiffel Software products.

            If you want, you can send me questions in French by clicking the 'Send Email' button on the right side of this post. I own these books and will be happy to help any time.

            Best Regards,
            David Le Bansais

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
              Oh okay sorry.
              Thank you for this answer I think I will send you some questions :)