Installin EiffelStudio 6.7 on Windows

  • Chris Saunders
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
      So far only a 7-zip file is available for EiffelStudio 6.7. I have no idea
      how to install this and the instructions at
      http://docs.eiffel.com/book/eiffelstudio/software-installation-eiffelstudio
      only suggest using an msi file. I'm hoping someone can give me instructions
      on how to install this on Windows 7.

      Regards
      Chris Saunders
    • David Le Bansais
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
        If you go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/eiffelstudio/files/ and select the Eiffel 6.6 folder, the msi installer for Windows 32-bit release 83873 is available. Apparently, it's also available directly from the big download button if you default to Windows like me.

        I assume release 83873 is the build you're trying to download?

        Regards
        David Le Bansais

        --- In eiffel_software@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Saunders" <evas@...> wrote:

        > So far only a 7-zip file is available for EiffelStudio 6.7. I have no idea
        > how to install this and the instructions at
        > http://docs.eiffel.com/book/eiffelstudio/software-installation-eiffelstudio
        > only suggest using an msi file. I'm hoping someone can give me instructions
        > on how to install this on Windows 7.
        >
        > Regards
        > Chris Saunders

      • Chris Saunders
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
          I got a reply from Manu that describes the steps I would need to follow to install EiffelStudio 6.7 on Windows. I would prefer not to have to do these things so I would like to ask if a Windows installer will be available for version 6.7 anytime soon?

          Regards
          Chris Saunders

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
            The next release will have one included. To follow the development
            release of 6.7 I recommend using the .7z package which is faster to
            download, install and uninstall.

            Manu